You may have some Android apps which you don’t need any more but still takes valuable memory space in your phone and also many Android users like to install a lot of apps in their android device. To make space for new apps you need to uninstall the older and unused apps from your Android. Here are some simple steps to uninstall the apps from the Android device.
When you uninstall any app from the android device, all the data which is related with it is deleted. So, before uninstalling or removing any app from Android make sure that you have exported or backed up the data linked with the app which you want to uninstall.
How to uninstall Unwanted Android Apps:
- Tap on settings icon -> Select Applications.
- Tap on Manage applications icon, which lets you to manage and remove installed apps.
- It will display a list of apps installed in your device, including the downloaded apps, running apps and the apps that are installed on SD card.
- Find the apps you want to delete -> tap on the apps
- A Screen will appear having all the details about that app including how much storage it consumes, how much information is stored in your cache file and the default launch settings. (There are many apps that comes with the Android OS or installed by the manufacturer, these apps can’t be deleted. If you don’t see the Uninstall button, or only see the option to Uninstall updates, then the app can’t be uninstalled from your device.)
- Tap on uninstall button after making sure that you have selected the correct app and want to delete it from your phone.
- After uninstalling the apps, it will show a notification that the app is uninstalled.
To delete apps from the Google Play Store app:
- Go to app menu.
- Launch the Google Play application.
- Click on My Downloads from the Google Play home screen, you will get a list of all the apps that are installed on your device.
- Tap on the app you want to uninstall and select uninstall.
The apps which are downloaded from the Google Play can be easily uninstalled, if you have purchased the app, it can be always reinstalled at a later date.