The Google Nexus 5 finally launched a few days ago after a month’s hullabaloo and as you know the device equips features that are really worthy of a modern Smartphone. As an Android Smartphone user, you might expect to customize your phone even more than default and for that you would definitely desire to unlock the Bootloader in your Nexus 5. In this tutorial we are gonna tell you “how to unlock your Bootloader in Nexus 5”, since it opens a number of opportunities for you to configure your device. While the Google Nexus 5 comes with a locked Bootloader, its unlocking assists you to customize your device in a number of ways like rooting its firmware, installing new Custom ROMs, installing Custom Recoveries etc.
To unlock the Bootloader in your Smartphone device, go through the below given guidelines. Unlocking the Bootloader in your Nexus 5 is a sole choice of yours and BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any damage and brick caused to your device. So, Make sure that you have read and understand the guidelines well before you start the unlocking process.
- Remember that the post is only for Google Nexus 5 and hence don’t try the guidelines in any of your other devices.
- Backup all your important files before unlocking the Bootloader, since it wipes all your internal & external data.
- Unlocking the device might terminate the warranty of your device. So think twice before unlocking the Bootloader.
- Go to the Developer Options Menu & enable USB Debugging there. To unlock the Developer Options, go to Settings => About Phone Section => Build Number (Tap Seven Times)
- Install the Nexus 5 USB Drivers properly on your PC since it will help your PC recognise your Smartphone device. Disable any antivirus program that you run on your PC.
- Ensure your device has at least 50% battery backup, before you start Unlocking your device since less battery may hamper your unlocking process.
Unlocking Nexus 5 Bootloader
The process is easy and takes few minutes only. But ensure that you have given back up to all your essential files prior to the unlocking process since it will wipe out all internal & external data from the device.
- First of all download the Bootloader Unlocking Files.zip.
- Extract the zip folder and save it on your PC.
- Connect your Smartphone device to your PC using the USB data cable. Click Yes, if it asks you to allow USB Debugging.
- Now go to the folder saved in your PC and find the “1-click-nexus-5-bootloader-unlock.bat” file there and open it. You have to re-install the USB driver and repeat the whole process again if the file freezes.
- Soon the bat file launches, the process will begin. Confirm applying Bootloader Unlock.
Now your device will unlock the Bootloader within some moments. If you experience any problem while following the steps to unlock the Bootloader, then let’s know in comments so that we shall have a solution for you.