Well readers, you know well that the Android Lollipop fever is getting serious all over and almost all android handset users are dreaming to install the latest Android 5.o firmware to their devices. While in some of my previous articles, I have already guided you through the steps to flash this brand new firmware to your handsets, today in this article I will lead you through the steps to flash the new Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware in your LG G3 D855 Smartphone with the help of a new Custom ROM. This ROM is specially designed for the LG G3 D855 handset and can never be used with any other handsets.
My previous article was all about the Steps to Manually Flash Android 5.0 Lollipop OS to LG G PAD 8.3 GPE and I hope this article would have helped the users of the LG G PAD 8.3 GPF to easily flash the new Lollipop firmware to their G PAD. The firmware that I am discussing here today is a popular Custom ROM namely Android Now HD 5.0 ROM which is specifically designed for the LG G3 D855 handset. But before flashing this Custom ROM to your device, you need to root your device and install the CMW Custom recovery in it. Else, all other will go smooth and following this article, within some minutes you will easily complete this task.
- Lg G3 D855
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned firmware and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move the file to the SD Card of your device.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode. To do so, first switch it off your device, unplug the USB and press & hold the volume down+power button.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the Custom ROM in your Smartphone. To do that click on the option install zip from SD card and then select the file that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode.
That’s it! Now you have successfully installed the Android Now HD 5.0 ROM to your Lg G3 D855 device. The steps are easy and can be followed abrupt. In case of any issues, don’t forget to ping back via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you.