The Samsung Galaxy S4 from Verizon carrier received the OTA update recently. The update is dubbed as VRUFNK1 and it is of Kitkat 4.4.2 version. The latest firmware introduces the bug fixation and enhancements. This is the stock firmware and available for US users only. Rest of the world will get the update soon. The update is not Lollipop because for now Nexus and Moto phone only receive the latest firmware.
Being the official update, the rooted phones will get void and user has to root the device again. The update is available on Wifi and Kies. BlogZamana will not be responsible for any damage of phone during Odia update.
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy s4
- Computer with USB cable and internet connectivity
- Backup of all data in your Smartphone using apps or computer
- Charge up the phone to fully battery because it shouldn’t get stopped during update
- Enable the USB debugging in developer option in setting
- Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware for Verizon S4
- Odin 3.09
Procedure to update Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 with Kitkat 4.4.2 VRUFNK1 firmware
- First download both the files from above in your computer and extract them with suitable software.
- Then run the odin by hitting the execution file in computer and on the other hand switch off the phone.
- Take the phone and press the Volume down+ home+ power button together to put the device in download mode.
- The warning message get flashed now press the volume up button.
- Connect the phone via USB cable and in the odin panel the message box flashes with added message. Make sure the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Choose the tar file and click on start. Wait for few minutes and when the pass message appears, detach the cable. The phone will automatically get rebooted.
- If you get in the bootloop and the smartphone is not starting up in 10 minutes then put the device in recovery mode and factory rest and wipe out all the cache. Then reboot it again to enjoy the latest firmware.
Congratulations, you have successfully updated Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 with Kitkat 4.4.2 VRUFNK1 firmware. For more updates stay connected to Blogzamana.