A new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware was recently rolled for the Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300T Smartphone users in Australia for the Telstra Galaxy S III users. The firmware is dubbed as I9300TDUUGOK1 and is available for instant update. Though the update is already rolling for the users, still it might take some time to reach your handset as it’s being rolled via OTA. But if you are an aspirant of instant update, then the below given manual update process will help you in that. The new firmware is assumed to fix the existing bugs in your device and to add few new features in it.
But before you start the update process, it’s essential that you must meet the pre-requirements. A list of the pre-requirements are mentioned below.
Forget not to twice check the Name and model number of your Smartphone by going to the About Device section of your Smartphone before starting the update as this update is only meant for the Telstra Galaxy S III users. Using this tutorial in other devices or even in other models of same series of device might harm your device drastically. Keep in mind that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any issues, Bugs, Bricked device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Telstra Samsung Galaxy S III Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable.
- One PC preloaded with Telstra Samsung Galaxy S III Smartphone drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device. Follow Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 70% to 80% power back up in your Telstra Samsung Galaxy S III to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean DUUGOK1 Firmware
- Odin flash tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and extract the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean DUUGOK1.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Next switch off your Smartphone and move it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- After select the PDA/AP button on ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS message on the ODIN screen with green backdrop, once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from the PC when your device restarts.
The flashing process will take 4-5 minutes. Wait still your device gets rebooted. Congrats!! Now you have successfully installed the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean DUUGOK1 Firmware on your Telstra Galaxy S III Smartphone successfully. For any queries, feel free to use the comment section. I am always here to assist you guys.