Do you have a HTC One Mini? Do you want to upgrade it to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat Operating system? Then you can easily do it by using a custom ROM firmware based on the Android 4.4.2 OS i.e. called the CM 11. Though not official (the ROM is developed by third party devs), but the custom ROM is believed to have been the best Android based custom ROM for the time to get flashed in your Android device. Apart, users who have already installed the update claim that the firmware is running smooth and no bugs have been reported yet. So, if you are interested for updating your HTC One Mini with the CM 11 Custom ROM firmware, then go through the below given process properly.
NB: Remember, the update is your sole risk and BlogZamana will not remain responsible if any brick or damage that may happen to your device during installation.
- HTC One Mini (Must have been rooted before)
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Install a custom recovery image on your smartphone and use the most recent version of the CWM or TWRP recovery mode to update your device safely with the Android 4.4.2 firmware.
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files in case they might lose.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 50% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- The CM 11 Firmware File
- Google Apps package
Procedure to Update HTC One Mini with CM 11 Custom ROM Firmware
- Download and save both files on your PC (don’t unzip any of the files).
- Connect your Smartphone device to your PC via the original USB cable.
- Move the unzipped files from your computer to your phone’s SD card.
- Now unplug the USB cable and then turn off your HTC One Mini to move to the next step.
- Now enter your Android device into recovery mode.
- Select wipe data factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- After return to the main menu of recovery mode and choose the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware file from SD card and click install. For that use options “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- Repeat the same process for installing the Google Apps package.
- Wait till the files get flashed properly.
- Now again return to main menu of recovery and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! Now you have successfully installed the 4.4.2 KitKat Operating system on your HTC One device. So now you should go through your new OS and sort out the improvements and bug fixes from that of the old OS.