HTC One X seems to focus on Jellybean 4.2 firmware but users on Jellybean 4.1.2 can update device with Paranoid. All thanks to rohan32, the xda developer member for building it for HTC One X. Paranoid is one of the popular custom ROM that have always gave attention on making things available right on screen and provide customizable menu. You will be checking out the procedure to apply the custom ROM on device in this article.
- HTC One X
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable for device connectivity
- Enable the USB Debugging in development option in settings i.e. settings>application>development and tick the USB Debugging box and do not forget to untick the box when updation is finished
- Backup all the personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages, apps etc using backup app from Google Play store and restore that later
- Make sure the power must remain 50% or more otherwise the device may shut down in the middle of the procedure
- Uninstall the antivirus app from mobile and disable the same in computer to avoid interruption
- Paranoid Custom ROM firmware Package
- Google Apps Package
Procedure to apply Paranoid custom ROM on HTC One X
- First make sure you have charged the phone and then downloaded the two files in the computer. Do not rename the files because it must stay as it is.
- Then via USB cable connect the device to computer and place the files in the root of the sd card. Make sure you haven’t place in any subfolder because this files will be flashed in recovery mode. If the files are not there in root then it can’t get display in recovery mode.
- Now detach the cables and switch off the HTC One X by long pressing the Power button and wait until it is completely switched off.
- After that press VOL UP KEY+ OK BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON. Don’t release the buttons until the device enter into recovery mode. If in case the device again boots into normal mode and keep trying unless until the device moves to recovery mode. If find it difficult then Download and install ROM Manager app from Google Play store. Then tap on the app and select reboot system in recovery mode without switching the phone.
- In the recovery mode select the wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to clear caches. The wiping of cache and factory rest is necessary to keep the device from hanging and allows to work smoothly.
- Now select install zip from sd card and choose the zip from sd, the two file one after another and then wait for 2 minutes to get the custom ROM install in the device.
- After that navigate to reboot system now by selecting go back and reboot the system in normal mode. Now login in to Google account and do your daily stuffs. If the phone is stuck in logo then long press the power button to switch off and again press the power button to on the device.
Congratulation, you have learned the paranoid custom ROM based on Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware is installed in HTC One X easily. Stay tuned to Blogzamana for more updates, rooting, tweaks, tips, software upgrade, apps and news related to android. And do not forget to like the Google+ and Facebook if you like our tutorial.