In the age of Internet, we all have to open many online accounts for different purpose. Remembering the passwords of these accounts is very difficult. Sometimes I can’t recall which password was assigned for which account. To manage your passwords here is an easy to use light-weight tool for you.
KeePass Password Safe is a free open source password manager that helps you to manage all your passwords in a secure way. It keeps all your passwords in one database and locks it with one master key or a key file. Instead of remembering so many passwords, you just have to remember only one master password or select the key file to unlock the database. You need to enter the details like account description, user, password and website address in the database. It offers a flexible database structure that allows you to create folders or subfolders to organize the items.
The database consists of one file which can be easily transferred from one computer to another. It also features drag-n-drop passwords to other windows; sort and search passwords in the database, copy password or user name to the Windows clipboard and print the password list. It can even import passwords from other formats including CSV, CodeWallet TXT and CounterPanes PwSafe1, and export password list to TXT, HTML, XML or CSV files. The databases are encrypted with the best and most secure encryption algorithms (AES and Twofish).
KeePass Password Safe features:
- The database can be easily transferred from one computer to another.
- KeePass supports password groups, so you can sort your passwords.
- Import from various formats like CSV, CodeWallet TXT and CounterPanes PwSafe1.
- Option to print password list (complete database or only current view)
- Drag-n-Drop passwords into other windows.
- Export password list to TXT, HTML, XML or CSV files.
- Fast copy password or user name to the Windows clipboard.
- Option to search password in the database.
- It can be easily translated into other languages.
- currently it suppoets English, German, French, Dutch and Swedish language.
- databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms(AES and Twofish).
- A strong random password generator.
It also supports Auto-Type function that lets you to directly go to a website and automatically enter the information from the database, so you don’t need to type the username and the password.
Portable version of KeePass Password Safe is also available, which can be used without installation. It can be used from a removable drive and you can take it with you wherever you go.