Galaxy Nexus android smartphone is first device with Ice cream sandwich operating system. It was got released in Hong Kong with a grand opening. Now Galaxy Nexus has officially updated with Android 4.1 Jellybean. Most of the countries got the push but few are waiting to get over the air. Over the air means the device gets the update information in notification bar. where you have tap on it and through WiFi or data connectivity download the update and then install in device. This process takes about 10-15 minutes depending upon the download data and data speed.
The countries that had got Android 4.1 are now listed to get Android 4.2 Jellybean. Soon they will get the latest Android operating system. Jellybean operating system contains loads of feature and Google also updated Google Now application to be used by Jellybean and Ice cream sandwich users. This one of the criteria of Google to promote the higher version phone. Users who have no patience and want the Jellybean 4.2 goodies on Galaxy Nexus then check out the tutorial to update Android 4.2 on it.
It is always advised to user to wait till the device gets official firmware update pushed. The manual update involves risk. According to overseas news Android 4.2 OTA notifications have popped for the device across the world. Nexus holds features like Gesture control keyboard, photo spear, quick notification settings, advanced Gmail and lot more.
Note that this update when installed on rooted device will revoke the same. Also remember that update can only be applied on GSM version only. Any damage will not be the responsibility of blogzamana.
- Galaxy Nexus
- Computer with internet facility to download the file (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable
- Android 4.2 zip file for Galaxy Nexus
- In order to avoid sudden power off, the device must be charged
- To avoid data loss or corruption, backup all the personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, applications, passwords and other stuffs by using backup app.
- Enable the USB Debugging through settings>application>development>usb debugging and tick the box. After finishing do untick the box for security reasons.
Procedure to flash Android 4.2 Jellybean on Galaxy Nexus
- Make sure that you have fulfilled all the requirements and then jump over the steps.
- First download the zip file from the above link and do not unzip it or rename it.
- Then connect the device to computer to place the file in the SD card and not in any sub folder. This is done because the zip file if not placed in the root then it won’t get detected in the recovery mode. It is always advised and recommended.
- Now detach the cable and switch off the device. Its time to press Volume up rocker and then press power button to enter the device into recovery mode. This mode is only way to flash the zip file.
- When you are in recovery mode, select wipe cache partition and then wipe data/factory reset.
- Up next go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache.
- Now select install zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD card. Use the Volume rocker to highlight and confirm with power button. This procedure may vary from device to device.
- Wait till the installation is complete then the device will reboot automatically. If this doesn’t happen then in the recovery mode, select reboot system now.
Congratulations! You have installed Android 4.2 Jellybean on Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM version. Enjoy the Jellybean goodies and do share your experience after using it. For information on android rooting, news, updates, apps, Software upgrade stay connected to Blogzamana.