WhatsApp, the pioneer of mobile chat messages and the leading private chat platform across the globe brings in a brand new feature called “Change Number”. This feature will allow the WhatsApp users to change their current number without losing the chat data. So if you are a WhatsApp user who was desperately searching for a means to change your WhatsApp number without losing data, then your search ends here. This feature was being experimented by the massaging service for a long time.
According to WABetainfo which first spotted this feature says the “Change Number” feature by WhatsApp will allow the users to migrate their chat data to the new number without losing any. This update at this moment is available at the Google Play Store in the 2.18.97 Android beta version and the iOS and Windows versions are yet to come. It claims when a user tries to change number using the “Change Number” feature the chat history will be automatically backed up and the people in your chat history will be informed about the number change. Isn’t that great? Now let’s see how to change your WhatsApp Number.
How to change your WhatsApp Number
- To start with the “Change Number” feature, at first go to Settings > Account > Change Number.
- Once you click on the “Change Number” option, it will prompt that changing your phone number will migrate all account info, groups, and settings.
- The prompt box reads “”Before proceeding, please confirm that you are able to receive SMS or calls at your new number. If you have both a new phone and a new number, first change your number on your old phone.”
- Now you need to enter the Old and New phone number and after you will be asked by WhatsApp which contacts to be notified about your number change.
- Now you need to select the numbers and complete the changing process. Once completed, all old chats will be moved to your new number and a red bubble will appear in the chat indicating your usage of the new number.
So what you think guys? Isn’t this some feature worth usage? Forget not to share your views on this new feature from WhatsApp.