Are you a Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F Smartphone user? Are you in quest of a new firmware to enhance the Android performance of your Smartphone? Then you are at the right place. We at BlogZamana have brought you today the step-by-step guide to flash the newest Android 8.0.0 Oreo OS on your Samsung Galaxy S7 across the globe.
To make you more clear on this, Samsung at this moment is rolling the latest Android 8.0.0 Oreo update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F in a number of countries that includes Bosnia and Herzegovina (BH TE), Crez Republic (02C), Crez Republic, Romania (Vodafone), Serbia (VIP), South East Europe, Romania, Hungary, Crotia (TELE2), Slovenia, Italy, Germany, Baltic, Bulgaria, Greece, Open Austria, Chile and many other countries.
Ideally, everyone is recommended to follow the OTA update method since the firmware is being rolled Over The Air with PDA names G930FXXS2ERH6/G930FXXS2ERH6. Once you get the notification on your Smartphone, you can download it and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update process. In case you have not received the OTA or by chance have missed it, you can follow this manual update method.
Make sure that you are only using the Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F Smartphone for this update and not any other handsets. Using the firmware on other handsets might brick your Smartphone or even create bugs in it. Be known that BlogZamana will never be blamed for any sort of issues or bugs if created in your device due to the update. So what you do is at your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F
- Original Data Cable
- One PC pre-loaded with Samsung Galaxy S7 drivers.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your Android handset since the update process will erase all your data.
- Keep at least 50% battery back up on your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 8.0 Oreo firmware.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F and boot it into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect your Smartphone to it via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number & an Added Massage in the below left corner of the Smartphone, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select “PDA” from ODIN and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset” Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Cross check the Settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see a PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop showcasing completion of the update. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your handset restarts.
The update process will take almost 4-5 minutes and your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F will reboot automatically after the update. Wait still the update finishes.
Congratulations!! You have successfully flashed the new firmware on your S7 SM-G930F. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section.