Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 has started receiving the new official Android 5.0 lollipop update and the update is based on the VLU2DOC4 build and which brings lot of bug fixes with brand new features. There are a number of custom ROMs waiting to get updated on Galaxy Note 3 post this official update. So, update it right away by following the article. The update has gone on floors in Canada for varied carriers such as Bell Mobile, Sask Tel & Virgin Mobile.
This is the official firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and which means revoke of root access is sure. if you have already rooted your device then it is best chance to treat it with original stock ROM. If the device is bricked then you also can flash firmware to unbrick it.
Note that this update is to be done through Odin process, so you need to remove the caches. Caches can be removed in recovery mode only. To take the device to recovery mode, one has to switch off the device completely. Then press and hold few buttons like VOL UP KEY+ HOME + POWER BUTTON all together for 2 seconds. Then release your fingers and select Wipe cache partition and wipe data/factory reset. Go back and select reboot system now.
Now download the files and go to the procedure to update the Galaxy Note3 model. But you must make sure that the update is your responsibility and hence we shall not take any responsibility.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8
- Windows PC(Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable
- Backup of all files present in phone, not through KIES. The files includes SMS, Contacts, call logs, applications, MMS, APN passords etc.
- Make sure the battery has much power which means at least 60% or more to remain awake through out the update.
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > and tick the box and do not forget to untick later to avoid security problem.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Official Lollipop 5.0
- You are already done with wiping of data and factory reset. And now you must concentrate on downloading the two files from the given links in the download section.
- After downloading both the files, place both the files in the desktop to find them easily when required.
- Now switch off the device and press the VOL DOWN KEY+ HOME+ POWER BUTTON all together to land the device in download mode. Now get ready with your mobile phone, attach the USB cable.
- Click on the Odin execution file to open the panel and then plug in the USB cable. When it is attached, the ID:COM box turns yellow indicating the device got detected by the Odin. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have enabled the KIES or upgraded the KIES.
- Click to select PDA and chose the tar file that was placed earlier in step 2. Then click on Start to initiate the update process. This will take few minutes, then the phone gets rebooted automatically.
- You can now unplug the cable and check the firmware via settings> about phone and scroll down to see the VLU2DOC4 mentioned build.
Congratulations, you have now learned the procedure to update the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 to the latest official Lollipop 5.0 VLU2DOC4 firmware. In case of any issues, let’s know in the comment section.