The renowned mobile manufacturer Motorola often bags rave reviews for introducing feature enriched Smartphones into the market and recently the giant has introduced another such device into the market. The device is popularly known as Motorola Moto E and is supported by the latest version of Android i.e. Android 4.4.3 KitKat and it’s only available at FlipKart. If you have already purchased the device, then might desire of rooting your Smartphone. But before rooting your device, you need to unlock the bootloader in your Motorola Moto E, else the device can’t be rooted.
Here in this article, I shall let you know how to unlock the bootloader of your Motorola Moto E. Just follow the below given steps and easily unlock the bootloader of your Smartphone. But before intiating the unlocking process, you have to take care of certain important points. Have a look.
However, before proceeding to the unlocking process I must inform you that following the steps you will void the warranty of your device. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the process. So properly understand what you do.
- One Motorola Moto E Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Motorola’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the unlocking process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Note II Smartphone to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Fastboot and ADB files (http://d-h.st/Ehu)
Steps to Unlock Bootloader in Motorola Moto E Smartphone
- Extract the downloaded files on the desktop of your PC.
- After connect the Motorola Moto E to your Computer using the USB cable. Next press & hold the Power+Volume Down button to take your Smartphone into Bootloader mode. Press and hold the buttons still the Fastboot screen appears.
- Now move to the Fastboot folder that you extracted on your desktop. Take hold of the Shift Key & right click on an empty space inside the folder. Click on Open the Command Window.
- Type the below given command in the Command Widnow.
“fastboot oem get_unlock_data” and now hit Enter.
- Now will appear a command string. Copy the string without (bootloader) mentioned near each command.
- After use your Motorola ID to sign into the official page of Motorola & hit the Next button.
- Now paste the link in the box that appears in the following window. Click the Can my device be unlocked button.
- Now Agree to the Terms & Service at the buttom of the page & click on “Request unlock Key”.
- Within some moments you shall get an Email from Motorola containing the unlock key. Copy this key
- Copy this key, and in the Command Window type the below command.
fastboot oem unlock [Your Unlock Code that Received on Your Email].
Now hit Enter and you are done with unlocking process. Wait for sometime and your Moto E device will start automatically, but with an unlocked bootloader this time.