Now Samsung Galaxy S Advance is running on XXLQ4 Jellybean 4.1.2. Well, users interested to root the device on XXLQ4 firmware then follow the article. We are insisting to root the Galaxy S Advance to apply custom ROM later when it is available to customize the tweaks and installing various apps that require root access.
Cautions: Rooting the device after official update is bit worrying because there is 100% guaranty of warranty loss. If you are okay with it and keeping going with the procedure then it’s our privilege to present you’re the steps to root the device. In any chance the device get brick then Blogzamana is not responsible for it rather the entire risk is on user. We will only suggest you out to solve your problem.
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance updated with official XXLQ4 Jellybean 4.1.2
- Computer (Windows XP or Windos 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Make sure that all the data such as personal SMS, videos, photos, contacts, call logs, files or any apps present in phone must be backuped immediately
- Disable all the antivirus programs in computer and uninstall the same in device
- Charge up your device and it must not be less then 60% otherwise it will shut down automatically during the rooting procedure
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings> application >development and tick out the USB Debugging box. Do not forget to untick when the rooting is finished
- Galaxy S Advance I9070 rooting pack (http://d-h.st/ook)
- Root checker app from Google Play store
Procedure to Root Galaxy S Advance on XXLQ4 Jellybean 4.1.2
- First make the backup possible then delete the cache. Caches are the small bloatwares that hangs the mobile system when done any heavy work. You must clean them use the phone freely. To delete cache switch off the device and wait until the device is entirely off. After that press and hold the VOL UP KEY+ OK button+ POWER BUTTON and release the buttons when the Samsung logo appears. This way the device will enter the recovery mode. In this mode select wipe cache partition and wipe data/factory reset. After that select reboot system now.
- Now from the above given link download the rooting zip pack for Galaxy S Advance. Save that file in the desktop to find it easy while required.
- Connect the device to computer via USB cable and place the file in the root of the SD card. Make sure that you haven’t place in any subfolder because it won’t get detected in recovery mode and you’ll keep searching.
- Its time to disconnect the USB cable and again switch off to enter into recovery mode. Press and hold the VOL UP KEY+ OK button+ POWER BUTTON and release the buttons when the Samsung logo appears to enter the device in recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode select install zip from SD card and then choose the zip file that was placed earlier and then flash it with OK button.
Wait for sometime and wow! Your device has just got rooted. To check whether the root is successful or not, just download and install root checker app from Google Play store. Follow the instruction and get confirmed by yourself.
After rooting the device or during the process, if any doubt arises then do comment us. We are looking forward to help you out. Stay connected for more android tips, rooting, update, news and gadget in Blogzamana.