After getting successful in making Triangle Away, rooting scripts and many development apps for benefit of Android devices, developer Chainfire made CF-Auto-root. This CF-Auto-Root is a one-click solution to improve the device performance. If you are new to rooting and all stuffs then flashing CF-Auto-Root to root device is easy. To gain root access on Galaxy Note 10.1 N800, N8010, N8013 and N8020 here is the procedure. If you owe this tablet then read further.
Caution: Rooting a tablet will lose warranty. If you are in no doubt then carry on on your own risk. Any damage or any brick of device is not the liability of Blogzamana. The complete information given here is for educational purpose and here by no application of rooting pack is done by us.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010, GT-N8013, or GT-N8020
- Computer with internet facility (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- USB cable to attach the device to PC
- Disable the antivirus program in computer and uninstall the same in phone because it might interrupt the rooting proceure in the middle
- Make sure the tablet has 80% battery or more otherwise charge it to avoide automatic shut down
- Backup all the data present in tablet to avoid delete or corruption
- Samsung kies from official site (install the upgraded version)
- Odin 3 v1.85 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1432499&d=1351260452)
- Choose the device CF-Auto-Root zip file
Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000
Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010
Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013
Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8020
Procedure to root Galaxy Note 10.1
- Make sure all the requirements are fulfilled and then progress to next. If you missed them out then later it may create blockage.
- Download the Odin and preferred CF-Auto-Root tar file in computer and then extract them with appropriate extractor from internet. Make use of WinRAR or 7 zip extractor software.
- Then double click on Odin on computer to launch it.
- Take the tablet and switch it off to enter into download mode. To do that press holds the VOL DOWN + POWER BUTTON. When the warning message appears on screen, then press VOL UP KEY to land on download mode.
- Via USB cable attach the device to computer and the moment device get detected the“Added” message appears on Odin. If not then check the Samsung KIES is enabled or not. Sometimes it happens that when the KIES is not upgraded the device connection through Odin gets failed.
- Now click on PDA and select the tar file that was extracted previous by you. Remember not to tick the ‘Re-partition’ option in Odin window.
- Well, click on start to initiate the program. After few minutes the PASS message appears on screen and device gets rebooted automatically. If the FAIL message appears then try another time from step 2. If you get stuck in the logo then switch off the device entirely and then press hold the VOL UP KEY+ POWER BUTTON to enter into recovery mode and there select reboot system now. This will boot the device in normal mode.
- Detach the cable and check whether the device is rooted or not by downloading and installing the Root checker app from Google Play store. Tap on the application and follow the instruction. If the device does not confirm the root then again follow from step 1 to end but carefully.
Congratulations, now you know how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010, GT-N8013, or GT-N8020 tablet easily with CF-Auto-Root. Any doubt appears during rooting then we are here to help you out, just comment and we will let you know soon. Stay connected to know more on updates and custom ROMS for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 in coming times. And also support our website by liking the Facebook and Google+ accounts.