XDA Senior member idler1984 just recently ensured that the PingPongRoot beta 6 root kernel is now available for the Sprint Galaxy S6 SM-G920P Smartphone. Then you must have started thinking how to flash this new root kernel to your Sprint Galaxy Smartphone. Right? Very simple. I shall guide you through the steps to root your Smartphone. This rooting kernel will be applicable to the Sprint Galaxy S6 that carry the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop VPU1AOE2 firmware. Now I shall guide you through the steps to root your Sprint Galaxy s6 SM-G920P.
Rooting of your Sprint Galaxy S6 SM-G920P will remove the factory restrictions of your Smartphone. Of course your handset will not loose warranty post rooting. But it will definitely be open up enough for customizing your handset in a way you want. You can install Custom ROMs, Custom Recovery image and many other facilities will be enjoyed by the Sprint Galaxy S6 users. But before starting the update, you have to take care of certain things that is essential for the update.
Caution: During the rooting, your handset might face issues or bugs that might corrupt or brick your device. Remember, we shall not remain responsible for that.
Steps to Root
- First of all download the PingPongRoot beta 6 root kernel for your Sprint Galaxy S6 and place it on the desktop.
- Then activate the Unknown Sources and USB Debugging options on your handset.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and transfer the rooting file to your handset. After disconnect your Smartphone from your PC.
- Now it’s time to start the installation process. To initiate the rooting, launch the PingPongRoot beta 6 on your handset and you will see the SuperSu app getting flashed on your Android device.
- Post installation run the SuperSu on your Sprint Galaxy S6 SM-G920P and it will get closed displaying some massages after some time.
- You will be diverted to the PingPongRoot root kernel automatically. Now click the “Get Root!” option and the rooting process will start instantly.
- Wait still the rooting is finished. After reboot your device.
That’s all! Now you have rooted your Sprint Galaxy S6 SM-G920P on your Android 5.0.2 Lollipop VPU1AOE2 firmware. In case you face any issues, feel free to get back to us via the comment section.