You might be knowing that lately the OnePlus One handset got updated with the newest CyanogenMod CM12S Lollipop official firmware. So if you are a user lucky enough to have flashed this Custom ROM to your OnePlus One handset, then we have causes to multiply your happiness. Thing is that now you can root your handset on the CM12S Lollipop ROM. As you know that it’s quite essential for the advanced android users to root their handsets, so we thought of bringing you this rooting process. The process is quite easy and is specifically meant for the advanced android users. Anyhow, it will not be difficult for the newbies also to root their handset following the below given procedure.
Now question arises, how to root your handset? Very simple. Just meet the requirements mentioned below for the update and follow the given rooting procedure. You will be all done in a few minutes. And if you are desperate enough to know what special you can do after rooting your handset, then follow this article for the details. Now take a look on the pre-requirements of this update.
Caution: Being this an unofficial firmware, your Smartphone will void the warranty and might your device undergo certain bugs and issues. Ensure that all those will be your responsibility. Don’t use this Android exploit in any other device since it’s exclusive for OnePlus One. Also ensure to install the latest TWRP Recovery on your OnePlus One handset before initiating the rooting process.
- One OnePlus One Device (Must be flashed with the CM12S Lollipop firmware)
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Install the device drivers (SDK) to your PC so that you can easily connect your handset to your PC.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC & handset for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
Steps to Root OnePlus One on CM12S
- First of all download the above mentioned file on your desktop and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move the files to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to put your device into recovery mode.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the .zip file on your OnePlus One handset. To do that click on the option Install zip from SD card and then select the zip file that you moved to your SD storage in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the firmware in your device.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode once the update is finished.
- Next go to Setting on your Phone, next to Developer Options. There select the Root Access Checkbox to enable root access for both APP & ADB.
That’s all! Now you have successfully rooted your OnePlus One handset on the CyanogenMod CM12S official Lollipop ROM. Isn’t it easy? Don’t forget to share your rooting experience. Also feel free to let’s know via the comment section in case you faced any issues. We are always there to help you.