There is no ETA for Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 for Jellybean 4.2.2 update from Samsung. But, you can get Jellybean 4.2.2 updates on device by updating it with the package that is given here. You get the customized themes, app supports, new user interface, better speed and optimized power. Well all this is possible because of CyanogenMod team who had developed the firmware.
Going through the information we got to know that before applying the update the device need to be rooted. If in case it accepts without root then there is hundred percent chance of the device to get rooted by it. And rooting of course cancels warranty and that can be got by updating with official firmware. The firmware is stock ROM i.e. original ROM and that through Odin.
Caution: We will not be responsible of any data loss or brick of Galaxy S PLUS. But, we will help you out to solve the problem that will arise (fret not, it won’t).
- Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001
- Windows PC (XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable
- Computer installed with latest Samsung KIES
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files in case of loss
- Make sure the phone has 40% battery to avoid automatic shut down during updation
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the box. Also untick the box when all work is done because of security reasons
- Jellybean 4.2.2 pack (http://adf.ly/bks97)
- Google Apps (http://adf.ly/bks97)
- ROM Manage App from Google Play store
- Root checker App from Google Play Store
Procedure to update Galaxy S PLUS with Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware
- First make sue you have compute with internet connectivity and the device has enough space to keep the files in the SD card. The device must also be charged up and backup must be done properly without using KIES.
- Now download the firmware package and Google apps from above given link. And make sure you connect to Google Play store and install ROM Manager and Root checker app.
- Well do not extract the files rather leave them as it is. ROM Manager is used to enter the device in recovery mode. If the device is working properly then you can manually get to recovery mode by pressing the VOL UP KEY+ MIDDLE BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON one after another. Release the buttons when the Samsung Logo appears on screen.
- Its time to connect the device to computer via USB cable and place both the files in the SD Card and in the root. No keeping of zip files in subfolders because it wont get detected in recovery mode. After placing unplug the cable.
- Enter the device in recovery mode by following step 3 and flash the files one after another. Do keep 10 seconds gap between two zip files. Flashing is done by selecting install zip from sd card and choosing zip fom sd card option in recovery with volume rocker and middle button to confirm. After flashing go back and select reboot system now.
- The normal boot will take around 5 minutes so keep patience. If the phone gets stuck in the middle means in boot animation then take off the battery and again reinsert it. Press the Power button and boot into normal mode.
Check the phone got rooted by following the instruction in Root checker app.
Congratulations, you have successfully learned the procedure to to update Galaxy S PLUS with Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware.