In the process of Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM updates for different Smartphones, a new handset has recently been lined up for update. The device is called LG Nexus 5 D820 and by default carried the Android 5.0 Lollipop Operating System. The device is also officially up-gradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. But because a new Custom ROM, called the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Cataclysm is lately released for the LG Nexus 5 D820, so the users if want can take advantage of this by installing the Custom ROM on their devices by following the below mentioned steps.
The new Custom ROM has been introduced to us by Senior XDA Dev atl4ntis who ensure that the ROM is stable by nature and hence you are supposed not to face any issues to use it for everyday usage. Still you faced any issues while updating, definitely let’s know in the comment section. Because the Cataclysm ROM is absolutely tense and hassle free, so you can install it instantly without a second thought. Post update, your device will be 100% compatible to Google experience and other features. Apart from the Google features, Cataclysm includes optional/configurable Google Apps with AROMA installes, supports Android Pay (when not rooted) and RRO themes.
Before starting the update, ensure to meet the pre-requirements for the update and at the same time make sure to use the tutorial for the said device with the said model. As this is an unofficial update, you will loose the warranty of your device post update for which we at BlogZamana will not remain responsible. Also we will not be blamed if anything inconvenient happens to your handset during the update because it’s your sole decision to go for the update.
- One LG Nexus 5 D820 Smartphone.
- One Windows PC.
- Original USB Cable.
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those will get erased during the update.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC during update.
- Ensure that your LG Nexus 5 D820 have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Cataclysm ROM
- Gapps (Search from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your Smartphone to your PC using USB. Then move the files to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to install both the files on your LG Nexus 5 D820. To do that click on the option Install zip from SD card and then select the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD Card in step 1. Then click Install and follow the instructions that appear on the screen of your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your device.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode now.
That’s all. You are now finished with the Custom ROM update of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Cataclysm ROM on LG Nexus 5 D820 Smartphone. The process is quite easy and shouldn’t create any issues in the update process. Still faced any issues, inform me in the comment section.