In my previous article I informed you how to update your Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 handset with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNC2 official Firmware. In this article of mine I shall explain you the procedures you should follow to root and install the CWM Recovery on your Galaxy Note II handset. As all of you know the exclusive benefit of rooting your android device, I hope this article will be of some benefit to you. So let’s take a look on the varied steps needed to be followed for the purpose.
However, before proceeding to the rooting & installation process I must inform you that following the steps you will void the warranty of your device. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the process. So properly understand what you do.
- One Galaxy Note II Handset
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung drivers. Else download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website first.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Note II Smartphone to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Philz Recovery 6.26.3 (http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100//philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5)
- ODIN flash tool (http://d-h.st/TxF)
- Latest SuperSu.zip file (http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU)
Procedure to Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Note 2
- First of all download the files mentioned in DOWNLOAD above and save the files. After extract the ODIN Flash tool folder to the desktop.
- After switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode. Do this with a long press & hold of the Power+ Volume Down+ Home button.
- Connect your device with your PC via USB cable and run the ODIN app placed on your desktop. Once the device gets connected to your PC, the ID: COM box of ODIN Screen turns blue and you can see the COM port number there.
- Next choose the PDA or AP button in the ODIN screen and browse the recovery file. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.ResetTime check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partitionis unchecked.
- Click the Start Button to begin the installation process. It will take some time to finish the installation.
Now your device will restart and unplug the USB cable from your device in the meantime. Congrats!! You are done with the latest firmware updation in your device. Now let’s see how to root your device.
Steps to Root Your Galaxy Note II Handset
- Before you have already downloaded the latest SuperSu.zip file. Now move it to the root of your Mobile SD card.
- Next boot your Smartphone into Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up+Home+Power Button simultaneously.
- Select Install Zip from SD cardfrom Recovery mode & flash the SuperSU File.
- Wait the zip file to get installed. After it finishes installation, move back to the Recovery Main Menu and tap Reboot System Now.
Nice Work!! You have successfully rooted your Smartphone device now. Have you any queries, feel free to join us in the Comments section.