The very advanced android version of KitKat 4.4.2 that has taken the android world by a new rage can now impart its android-luscious taste to the Samsung Galaxy Note II handset. Available for the Galaxy Note N7100 model, the firmware unleashes a tide of affable updates which include atop status bar icons, namely UI tweaks and a transparent status bar for the starter part. It also includes Nexus like TV screen to turn off the animation and brings along certain functional changes like the NFC tap to pay. With an amazingly faster processing speed, it also offers a lock screen with a shortcut for camera. Well, life just gets easier with this, indeed!
The device Galaxy N7100 is in the process of receiving the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update i.e. called the KitKat XXUFNC2 Firmware. The update is available for all Note N7100 devices and the update is going on stages as usual. Also, for those users who are unable to receive the update, a mirror OTA in Google Drive serves the firmware.
It’s recommended as always to take a strong backup of your existing data so as not to lose them, just in case. Moreover, you should do this at your own risk and no way BlogZamana will remain responsible for any bricking or damage of your device during the installation process..
- Updated Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100.
- USB cable
- Computer with data connectivity to download the software.
- Computer securities can cause a lot of unwanted interruptions. Therefore, it is advised to disable the security settings in your computer systems. Also uninstall the antivirus from your Smartphone, if you have any.
- It’s important to enable the USB debugging during the download. Tap on Settings => Applications => Development => USB debugging.
NOTE: Do not forget to disable USB debugging again after the download is complete.
- 4.4.2 XXUFNC2 Firmware
- Odin 3.09 or mobilODIN (cf2.me/20b9)
Steps to update Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 with KitKat 4.4.2 XXUFNC2 software
- Download the above stated firmware and unzip it and extract the model number from it by following the steps given below: Settings>>About phone>>model number
- Next download the zip files of the given software and unzip them. To unzip, the most recommended software are WinRAR or 7zip.
- Create shortcuts for them in the desktop and then, launch the Odin in your computer system by selecting the execution file that you get after unzipping it.
- It’s time to get working with the phone now. Switch off the phone and press hold the volume down key along with home and power keys. The three keys should be pressed down simultaneously. After the green robot, marking the android visage appears on the screen completely, release your fingers.
- Next, connect your mobile to your computer with the USB cable.
- Wait for the ID: COM box to turn yellow to confirm that your phone got detected.
- Now, choose the PDA file after removing the tick from the re-partition in Odin.
- In the Odin panel, click start and allow the phone to reboot to the normal mode.
- All you have to do next is detach the USB and get on with your newly installed firmware.
- If things don’t go right, you can hold down the power button of your phone to switch it off and simultaneously press the volume up key, home and power key to get it to the recovery mode. From the screen that will appear, select wide cache partition>>wipe data factory/reset>>reboot system now.
Also, alternatively you can test the mobilOdin and flash the zip files. Now that your device is installed with the official 4.4.2 KitKat, go get yourself the royal fun of Android!! And, don’t forget to visit our page for more news and updates on Android.