LG G3 is one the globally awaited Android Smartphone devices which has only been launched in Korea. While the device is eagerly awaited in the other parts of the globe yet to be launched, I today here come with the rooting procedure of the Smartphone that will assist the users to get absolute root access to their device along with the freedom to download and install both rooted apps and custom ROMs in their Smartphone. Since the Smartphone is one of the most awaited devices in the current market scenario, I expect this article will help the users a lot to root their LG G3 device. But before initiating the rooting process, you need to ensure that your device full fills certain requirements essential for the rooting process. Don’t forget to take a quick look on the same.
Double check the device name and model before starting the rooting process. This guide is only meant for the said devices and using it in other devices might corrupt or brick your device. Apart the procedure is only meant for the Windows users and not Mac users. Any damage or brick of your device is not the responsibility of BlogZamana, so do rooting very carefully. In case you fail to root then share your views in comment area.
- One LG G3 Smartphone
- A Windows PC preloaded with LG G3drivers. Else first download & install the drivers from LG’s official website.
- Original USB cable
- Charge the battery if power is less than 80% to avoid unexpected device shut down. Also don’t forget to put your device into Airplane mode before starting the rooting process, since it will avoid calls during the rooting.
- Backup of personal data such as SMS, Contacts, videos, call logs & other files because in rooting procedure the data are wiped out.
There are a couple of rooting procedures for the device i.e. IO Root & Root Tool method. Here we shall take look on both one after another. The other supported model for the rooting process is the Korean G3 F400K/L/S, AT&T G3 (D850), International G3 D855, T-Mobile G3 (D851), Sprint G3 (LS990), Canadian G3 (LG-D852), Verizon G3 (VS985)
Steps to Root LG G3 Smartphone via IO Root Method
- First of all download the IO Root Tool on your PC and extract the file to your desktop.
- Now connect your Smartphone to your PC via the original USB.
- After open the IO Root folder, find out the root.bat file and click on it.
- Press Enter once you see the command prompt and your device will automatically be rebooted.
Congrats!! Now your device has successfully been rooted. To check the rooting status of your device, now download the root checker app from the Play Store and check if your device has been rooted properly!
Steps to Root LG G3 Smartphone via Root Tool Method
- First of all download the Root Tool Zip Package to your PC and then extract the folder to your desktop.
- Now connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- Now open the extracted folder placed on your desktop in step 1 and find out the Run.bat file in the folder. Click on the Run.bat file to start the rooting process and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Select the update from ADB option on your device using the volume down key, when you see the recovery option and press the Power button to confirm.
- Now your device will be flashed. After select the reboot system now option on your device and your device will get rebooted. Once rebooted, download the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store and check if your Smartphone has been properly rooted.
After download and install the latest version of SuperSU app on your Smartphone from Play Store. Now the rooting process has been successfully completed. In case your device gets struck in the boot loop situation, start everything from the first again after rebooting your Smartphone.
Hope this article will be of great use to you. In case, you face any other major issue which is difficult on your part to solve get back to me via the comment section and I shall come out with a solution for you.