The black edition of Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE 19195 has started receiving the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. While the build is named as XXUCNE6, it first struck the notification panel of the Belgium users and the rest of the world has to follow the Odin process to update their device with this latest build. Undoubtedly, the update brings some major improvements in your handset including superior interface with white status icon, durable battery performance, Google Apps in novel icons and all improved S features.
Well, this is an OTA update and if you want to update your device via OTA, then first restart your device and if available, the update will hit on the notification panel. also you can search for the update by going to settings-> about phone->software update->update now. But before initiating the update process, make sure that you have at least 60-70% battery back up. Also move all your personal data such as photos, videos, SMS etc. either to SD Card or a PC before the update, since the firmware is bit heavy and will make use of much internal memory. Being bit heavy in nature, it might take little more time to get flashed. So nothing to worry, if your device takes little more time to reboot.
Well, this is the update via OTA which is useful for the Belgium users. But if you are living in any other corner of the world and is desperate to update your Galaxy S4 LTE device with KitKat 4.4.2 firmware, then you can follow the secondary method called the manual update. But before starting the manual update process, also you need to take care of some essentials requirements. Let’s have a look, what are those.
First of all double check the Name and model number of your device by going to the About Device section of your Smartphone, before starting the updation process since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE Smartphone. Using this tutorial in other devices or even of other models of same series might harm your device drastically. Keep in mind that BlogZamana will no way remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195 Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable.
- One PC preloaded with Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 Smartphone drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the unlocking process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
OTA Zip file for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (Odin Included).
Steps to Update Your Galaxy S4 mini LTE via Mirro Zip
- First of all download the above mentioned file and extract it to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now connect you device to your PC via USB.
- Now select the PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
Congrats!! Now you have successfully installed the Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE successfully. For any queries, feel free to use the comment section.