The latest Android 4.4.3 firmware has just been rolled out by Google for its Nexus 5 devices. It’s an OTA update and is being sent in installments to users. If you have not still received the update on your device then you will get it soon. The latest update comes featured with a number of improved features & bug fixes and will give you a brand new mobile experience. If you haven’t still received the update on your Smartphone device and is desperate to update it soon with the latest firmware, then we have a secondary option for you i.e. Manual update. To manually update your device with the latest Android 4.4.3 firmware, go through the detailed procedure below. But before that take a quick look on the varied requirements for the update process.
First of all double check the Name and model number of your device by going to the About Device section of your Smartphone, before starting the update process since it’s only meant for the Nexus 5. Using this tutorial in other devices or even of other models of same series might harm your device drastically.
Keep in mind that BlogZamana will no way remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Nexus 5 Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable.
- One PC preloaded with Nexus 5 drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the unlocking process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Nexus 5 Smartphone to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Nexus 5 Android 4.4.3 factory Image KTU84L File
- ADB/Fastboot Files (Download the file as per your requirement)
Steps to update Nexus 4 with Android 4.4.3 Firmware
- First of all download the files from the above links and extract the folders to the desktop. Download the ADB/Fastboot file as per your required OS from the given link.
- Now move all the files of the extracted Android 4.4.3 Factory Image folder to the Fastboot folder on desktop.
- Connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB now.
- After make your Smartphone enter into Fastboot mode. To do that first switch off your device and switch it on while holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power keys at the same time.
- Now go to the ADB/Fastboot folder on your desktop and run one of the following files as per your requirement.
On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- Wait still the flashing completes or follow the instructions that appear on your mobile screen.
Congrats!! You are all done. Now your device will reboot automatically and will run the latest Android KitKat 4.4.3. In case you find any issues in the updation process, don’t forget to get back to me via the comment section.