In Ctober 2012, Google announced Android 4.2 latest update for Jellybean. This update have impressed many users who have already updated their device with unofficial ROM. The feature of Android 4.2 Jellybean includes Gesture control Keyboard, Photosphere camera, Notification with quick settings, improved Google Now, Miracast, multiuser accounts and many more. This article will give to tutorial to manually update Asus Nexus 7 with Android 4.2.
Caution: Users are advised to wait till the OTA update pushed in Nexus 7. Receiving official Android 4.2 on Nexus 7 is safer, but manual update has risk involved. If any damage or mishap occurs then we will not be responsible for it. Choose the best option to get the amazing Android 4.2 Jellybean goodies on device.
- Asus Nexus 7 with Takju builds
- Android 4.2 Jellybean package
- PC with internet connection
- Original USB cable
- Nexus 7 with 50% battery power and backup all personal data using backup app or sync to cloud
- Install ClockworkMod recovery image on Nexus 7 or download and install Rom Manager app from Google Play Store
Procedure to manually update Nexus 7 with Android 4.2
- Download the flashable zip file i.e. Android 4.2 package in you computer.
- Now attach the USB cable to one end of the Nexus 7 and other to computer. Well, copy the zip file without unzipping it and place it in the device memory.
- Detach the cable and switch off the tablet to enter into recovery mode or tap on ROM Manager app. Select Reboot into recovery mode. This might be risky hence we again assure you to wait till the update officially get pushed into the device.
- When the device lands on recovery mode, clean up the caches by selecting Wipe data cache and then wipe data/factory rest. Go to advanced option and select wipe dalvik cache.
- After cleaning out old data, select install zip from SD card and choose the OTA update package that was placed by you earlier.
- The installation will get completed in 3 minutes and then device get rebooted automatically into normal mode.
Walla! You have now flashed Android 4.2 on Nexus 7 and enjoy the Jellybean goodies.