If you have already update the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with XWLSN firmware based on Jellybean 4.1.2 then there is the chance to root the same. Rooting involves risk of corruption and data loss. But these can be rectified by installing few apps. Anyways after rooting you can apply custom ROM and many tweaks. Follow this article to root the device properly and obey all the rules.
Samsung Galaxy S2 model is much popular in 2011 and then came the Galaxy S3 model. We are talking about the device who looked the latest updates in its carrier. and if your have updated the Jellybean 4.1.2 then you got the most aspiring version on your Galaxy S2 model. But if you want to rejoice the rooted apps, custom ROMs and flash java tweaks on your device then it must be rooted. Rooting is much required to get out of the service provides clutch and make the device your own. Rooting involves loss of warranty period but it is worth it. You can get back to your original ROM by applying the official update i.e. Stock ROM again in Odin. And return back the device.
Caution: Blogzamana will not be responsible for any data loss or corruption of apps or other files present in phone. The risk is on user and we are here to help you out if you go wrong somewhere.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100
- Windows PC (windows xp and 7)
- Original USB cable
- Computer installed with latest Samsung KIES otherwise the phone will not get detected by the computer
- Backup all the personal data present in phone such as SMS, MMS, videos, applications, contacts, call logs, APN passowrds and other files in case of loss
- Make sure the phone has 40% battery to avoid automatic shut down during flashing of ROM
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the box. Do untick the box later to avoid security bridge.
- XWLSN for Galaxy S2 Rooting pack (http://bit.ly/Z6T1Z4)
Procedure to root Galaxy S2 on XWLSN Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
- First user has to update the Galaxy S2 with official XWLSN Jellybean OS. Then root the device on it by downloading the rooting package and the Odin pack from the above link.
- Take the two downloaded files and extract them with suitable software i.e. WinRAR software that is to be download from internet. You can also extract using 7Zip software and place them in the desktop. It is placed there to find them easily when required to find at the time of flashing.
- Switch off the device and after complete shut down, press and hold the VOL DOWN KEY+ HOME+ POWER BUTTON. Release the buttons when the green robot appears. If you find trouble in loading the phone into download mode then again press the buttons but this time very carefully, one after another.
- Double click on the Odin execution file to launch it. Meanwhile, connect the device to computer via USB cable. After plugging in the Odin detects the device and pass message appears. If this doesn’t appear then you haven’t installed the Samsung KIES properly or not update it will latest version. The KIES must be ready first and then applying anything else.
- Now select the PDA and choose the tar file that was downloaded. Then hit the Start in Odin panel. Wait for sometime and the device will reboot automatically.
- Unplug the cable and sign in to Google account to download the Root checker app to check weather the device is rooted or not.
Congratulations, now you have learned the procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S2 on XWLSN Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware.