Samsung Galaxy S3 has got several updates officially and unofficially too and recently got with firmware dubbed as XXBMA3. This firmware contains few bug fixations and one or two additions. You might have updated the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9305 firmware and now it can be rooted now. After rooting Galaxy S3, you can customize the way you want. There are other benefit like rooted device can make use of applications that require root access and apply custom ROM when are out. The rooting is on XXBMA3 Jellybean 4.1.2 and after rooting it. If you want to root then read the article and follow the guideline otherwise you can go through our site for other facts and information. Read the article first very carefully and then go for the rooting because if its done for the first time then you will get panic if something goes wrong. but doing the rooting for more than second times then enjoy the article and download the rooting package and proceed further.
Caution: Rooting device losses its warranty and getting back is through updating with official firmware manually or over the air. Willing anything can happen because it is not legal, so Blogzamana will not be responsible for any data loss or brick of device. You’ll have our total support.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9305
- Computer (Windows XP or Windos 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Make sure that all the data such as personal SMS, videos, photos, contacts, call logs, files or any apps present in phone must be backuped immediately
- Charge up your device and it must not be less then 60% otherwise it will shut down automatically during the rooting procedure
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings> application >development and tick out the USB Debugging box. Do not forget to untick when the rooting is finished
- XXBMA3 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Pack
- Root checker app
The download contains firmware and the ODIN pack all together.
Procedure to root galaxy S3 GT I9305 with XXBMA3 Jellybean 4.1.2
- First fulfill all the requirements given above from backing up to enabling the USB Debugging and then follow the next step.
- Now download the XXBMA3 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware package from above download section to computer and with the help of suitable unzipping software unzip the file. This unzipped file contains the firmware and odin. Make a folder and place the files in the folder and save it in desktop to find it at the time of requirement.
- Make sure that the files are placed in desktop. From that double click on Odin to launch it.
- Take your phone and switch off it to land into recovery mode. To do that press the VOL UP BUTTON + POWER BUTTON and then clean the cache. To clean it select wipe cache partition and wipe data factory/reset. Then select reboot system now to boot into normal mode.
- Again switch off to go into download mode by pressing and holding VOL DOWN BUTTON+ CENTER BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON.
- Now connect the device to computer via USB cable and when the device gets connected the ODIN detects the device and a PASS message appears. Also ID:COM box turns yellow. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have turned the Samsung KIES on.
- In the Odin ensure the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checker box. Make sure other options are not ticked.
- Now click the PDA and select CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 and click on start. Wait for sometime and the device will reboot when the firmware is updated.
Detach the cable and enjoy the new rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9305 on Jellybean 4.1.2 XXBMA3 firmware. Check the root by downloading the Root checker app and confirm the root.