Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE XT897 is finally rooted because developers have got custom ROMs ready for the device. Moreover, you must conclude that rooting any android device has loss of data as well as warranty. From this article you’ll not only learn to root the Photon Q 4G but also procedure on how to install clock work Mod recovery.
The Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE XT897 comes with CDMA and GSM network with 2G/3G/4G connectivity. The device has 4.3 inch touch screen with colorBoost tehnology. The device bears 8 mega pixels camera with LED flash which offers wonderful pictures. You can Geo-tag the pictures over the air to share that with anyone on internet. The video capturing is 1080p at 30 fps. If you want more out of your device then simply root it up. Rooting will give you the privilege of using root accessed apps and installing custom ROMs and tweaks in future. If you want to unroot then treat the device with official update through Odin.
The process here to root the device includes Android SDK. It is advice not to perform such illegal action without any basic knowledge on rooting. You must heir a professional to root Motorola device. Well, make yourself clear that any loss or brick of device will not be the guaranty of Blogzamana. Hence, the risk is on you.
- Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE XT897
- Computer (Windows XP or Windos 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Make sure that all the data such as personal SMS, videos, photos, contacts, call logs, files or any apps present in phone must be backuped immediately
- Charge up your device and it must not be less then 60% otherwise it will shut down automatically during the rooting procedure
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings> application >development and tick out the USB Debugging box. Do not forget to untick when the rooting is finished
- ClockworkMod Recovery image
- SuperSu App
Procedure to root and install Clockwork Mod recovery in Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE XT897
- First make sure the backup is done and then few things need to be installed in your computer. First begin with installing the Android SDK. Installing the android SDK is not a tough job but installing it and using it for the first time will put you in confusion, so follow the android development official site for more details.
- Now unlock the boot loader of Motorola device by following the instruction in Official site. Follow the instruction carefully and those are simple steps so don’t get confused.
- Now download the clockworkmod recovery image from above given link and save in computer where the fastboot.exe folder is located. Do not install it anywhere otherwise you won’t find it and things will go wrong.
- Then again download the SuperSU zip file and place in the SD card by connecting the device to computer via USB cable. Place the file in the root of the SD card.
- Switch off the device and unplug the cable. Now press the VOL DOWN KEY +VOL UP KEY+ POWER BUTTON. Then select AP fastboot.
- Again connect the phone to computer via USB cable.
- Open a command prompt from Android SDK platform-tools folder and type “fastboot devices” (without inverted commas) and hit enter. This is down to check the device is fully attached. Then again in the prompt type “fastboot flash recovery cwmrecovery.img” (without inverted commas) and hit enter.
- Select Recovery to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery and there select install zip from sd card and choose the same to flash. Here you are flashing SuperSU zip file.
- Then go back and select reboot system now to boot the device in normal mode.
Congratulations, you have learned the procedure to root Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE XT897 and installed ClockworkMod Recovery. If you have any doubts then do comment us. Stay tuned to Blogzamana for more details on android news, gadgets, applications, rooting, updating and tips.