Galaxy S2 GT I9100G is one of the most superior & high-end devices from Samsung which grabbed much market share in comparison to other Smartphone devices. But this device had now been escalated from Samsung’s list of further OTA firmware updates. I mean Samsung most probably will not send any further Jelly Bean or KitKat updates to the Galaxy S2 GT I9100G Smartphones, thereby making the users harassed who want to further upgrade their devices. Right? But don’t worry. Though not officially, but you can download the Cyanogen Mod 11 custom ROM firmware and can update your device further with the same. But for that you have to follow certain procedures. So let’s have a look on the same.
Remember, BlogZamana will no way be held responsible for any unwanted change or damage in your android device that may occur during this process of updating. Users should carry out this procedure purely on their own risk. However, it is very unlikely that any such damage will be caused. Your Phone should be rooted before starting with the procedure.
- A Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G Smartphone
- A computer to download required files
- Original USB cable
- Galaxy S2 USB drivers for your computer
- Enable the USB debugging option.
- Back up of all important data on your Smartphone.
- Keep your phone fully charged or at least maintain a minimum charge of 60% in it.
NB: You must have your Smartphone rooted to flash this firmware in your device. So make sure that your Smartphone is rooted, unless the process will be a complete failure.
- Connect your Galaxy S2 to the computer via USB cable.
- Then, place the downloaded files in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100G Smartphone from your computer.
- Next, switch off your smart phone.
- Now disconnect your Galaxy S2 device form the computer to proceed to the next step.
- Now, boot your SMartphone in the Recovery mode by pressing and holding down the Volume up, and Menu button simultaneously.
- Then choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and search for the firmware.zip file that you have earlier placed in your smartphone. Now initiate the process and follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- After the firmware gets sucessfully flashed in your Smartphone, return to the main menu and clear cache and data options. Keep in mind that the whole process will take around 5-10 mins.
- Finally, return to the main menu of your Galaxy S2 and choose the ‘Reboot Now’ option.
Your Samsung S2 GT I9100G has now successfully been updated with KitKat 4.4.4 Cyanogen MOD 11 Firmware. To get more Android news, updates and rooting tips, stay tuned to BlogZamana.