The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915P recently got update with the out-of-the-box Android KitKat PVPU1ANJL firmware. If you were not lucky enough to get it over the air then here is the Odin procedure to update the new firmware to your Smartphone. The users facing issues and bugs in their Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915P device should update it quickly. Through this article you’ll able to update the firmware easily by downloading few required files and hit the update.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge has a 5.6-inch curved Quad HD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 and supports the pixel density of 524 pixels per inch (ppi). The Smartphone is powered by a 2.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor and supports Adreno 420 Graphics Processing Unit, and 3 GB of RAM. In terms of connectivity, the Smartphone supports GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev, Bluetooth, Internal antenna and Wifi too. The device runs on the default Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS and now upgraded to Android KitKat PVPU1ANJL firmware.
Caution: Note that this PVPU1ANJL update is straight offered by Samsung for us. Do not confuse it with beta custom ROMs rather get confirmed by yourself that its official update in manual way. We will pay no attention to damaged device owners because the entire process is their responsibility. We are only here to help to recover from damage if any. The far most important thing is that the device must not be rooted.
- Spint Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915P
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings>application>development and tick the USB Debugging box and do not forget to untick the box when updation is finished
- Backup all the personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages, apps etc present in phone using backup app to avoide data loss
- Power up the device if battery is low and hence it must be 60% or more to avoid automatic shut down
Procedure to Update Spint Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915P with latest Kitkat 4.4.4
- First make sure the device is not rooted then create the backup. If it is rooted then you might or might not get the exact result. It’s totally unexpected.
- Then download the PVPU1ANJL KitKat 4.4.2 firmware for Spint Galaxy Note Edge in your PC and so as Odin. Do not rename it.
- After that extract both the downloaded files in the computer and place them in desktop for easy finding while updating.
- Switch off the device and press the VOL DOWN KEY+ OK BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON to land device on download mode. When a warningmessage appears press the VOL UP KEY to move further to next step. If you return back into normal mode then again try it.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then with the help of USB cable connect the device to computer. Now the ID:COM box in odin turns yellow indicating that the device is connected. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have enabled the USB Debugging (Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging) and KIES.
- Now select PDA and choose the tar file that was download and extracted by you in the beginning. Go ahead and click on Start. The update procedure will start and will take few minutes. The phone will be off and reboot automatically. Then unplug the cable and go easy with the official updated phone.
Check the firmware from About phone option in settings. Well done, you have now learnt the procedure and now try updating your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915P with official Android 4.4.4 kitkat firmware. In case of any issues, forget not to share your issues with us.