The Galaxy S4 LTE smartphone recently got update with Android 4.4.2 XXUGNH7 firmware. If you were not lucky enough to get the update over the air then here is the Odin procedure to update your device. The users experiencing any bugs on their Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 should update the new firmware quickly. Through this article you’ll able to update the firmware easily by downloading few required files.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE has a Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors and supports the screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The device supports a 13MP rear auto-focus camera with a 2MP front cam and supports a number of connectivity options such as 3G, HSDPA 42.2 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps and Wifi etc. The NFC featured device also can share data through Bluetooth 4.0v and USB. It holds a 1.9 GHz Quad-core Krait 300 processor with Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 chipset. The device runs on Android 4.2.2 Jellybean and now can be upgraded to 4.4.2 Android KitKat.
Caution: Note that this XXUGNH7 update is straight offered by Samsung for us. Do not confuse it with beta custom ROMs rather get confirmed by yourself that its official update in manual way. We will pay no attention to damaged device owners because the entire process is their responsibility. We are only here to help to recover from damage if any. The far most important thing is that the device must not be rooted.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings>application>development and tick the USB Debugging box and do not forget to untick the box when updation is finished
- Backup all the personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages, apps etc present in phone using backup app to avoid data loss
- Power up the device if battery is low and hence it must be 50% or more to avoid automatic shut down
Procedure to Update S4 LTE with latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- First make sure the device is not rooted and then create the backup. If it is rooted then you might hardly get the expected result.
- Then download the XXUGNH7 KitKat 4.4.2 firmware for Galaxy S4 LTE in your computer and so as Odin. Do not rename it.
- After that extract both the downloaded files in the computer and place them in desktop for easy finding while updating.
- Switch off the device and press the VOL DOWN KEY+ HOME BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON to land device on download mode. When a warning message appears, press the VOL UP KEY to move further to next step. If you return back into normal mode then again try it.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then with the help of USB cable connect the device to your computer. As soon as the ID:COM box in odin turns yellow indicating that the device is connected. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have enabled the USB Debugging (Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging) and KIES.
- Now select PDA and choose the .tar.md5 file that was downloaded and extracted by you in the beginning. Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Go ahead and click on Start. The update procedure will start and will take few minutes. The phone will off and will reboot automatically. Then unplug the cable and easy go with the official updated phone.
Now check the firmware from the about phone in settings. Well done, you have learned the procedure and now try updating your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 with official KitKat 4.4.2 XXUGNH7 Firmware. In case you face any issues in the update process, don’t forget to massage me in the comment section. I shall definitely find out a solution for you instantly.