In my previous article I had let you know the Steps to Update Galaxy Core Lite LTE to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ZNUANG2. That was undoubtedly a superb news for the Galaxy Core Lite LTE users and today I have backed again with another superb news. Guess what?? Now you can update your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G906L Smartphone with the latest Kitkat 4.4.2 KLU1ANG4 Firmware and the better part in the update is that it’s the official release. This latest update comes with numerous bug fixes for your device and includes a number of eloquent options that are found in the latest Android 4.4.4. KitKat OS.
Now let’s have a look on the below given guidelines to update the Android 4.4.2 KLU1ANG4 firmware manually in your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G906L devices. But before that as usual you have to fill certain criteria that the update demands for a safety processing. So at first take a look on the below pre-requirements dubbed essential for the update.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your device before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S5 SM-G906L. Using the process with other device might hard brick your device or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G906L Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S5 SM-G906L drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy S5 Mini to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat KLU1ANG4 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 4.4.2 KLU1ANG4.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Button. Holding these two buttons, switch on your device. If your device starts with normal mode then repeat the steps again to put it into download mode.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take around 4-5 minutes and your device will reboot automatically. So wait still the update finishes. Congrats!! Now your Galaxy Galaxy S5 SM-G906L Smartphone device has been successfully updated with the Android 4.4.2 KitKat KLU1ANG4 firmware. The procedure is easy and completes within a few minutes. You shouldn’t face any issues for the same. In case you find any issues in the update process, don’t forget to massage me in the comment section and I shall find out a solution for you instantly.