There are many device lined up for Kikat update and today we have got Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G for the update. Kitkat 4.4 is the version that to be ported inside and its not official version that to be accounted. There is no announcement by Samsung for the official update for now, so better go with the unofficial manual update through recovery mode. Below in this article you will come across the procedure, requirement and downloadable link.
Blogzamana will have no responsibility towards loss of data or brick of device. we will surely help you recover from any bridge. Make sure the model you are using must be I9100G by settings->about phone->model number. Any other device can go crash or give unwanted results. Do take care and follow the guidelines carefully.
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G
- PC with internet
- Original USB cable to connect phone to PC
- Back up your phone data so that they don’t get wiped out during procedure.
- Must have 70% battery power
- Disable the security services in your computer and antivirus security in your device to avoid interruption in the middle.
- Enable the USB Debugging by tapping on Settings-> Applications-> Development-> tick the USB debugging. Don’t forget to untick USB Debugging after everything is completed
- Kitkat 4.4 firmware pack for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G (cf6.co/2osr)
- Google app Pack (cf2.me/1uE3)
Copy the link and open in new tab to download the files.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with Kitkat 4.4 Firmware
Step 1: After doing the backup you must download the firmware and Google app pack from above downloadable link to your PC. Do not unzip the folders or rename.
Step 2: Now download ROM Manager app from Google play store to put the device in recovery mode to apply the Kitkat firmware. After download tap on the app and select the option reboot system in recovery mode. Otherwise switch off the power and press volume up+ home+power button to launch the recovery mode. Make sure you select the option Wipe data/factory reset-> Wipe Cache partition.
Step 3: Now select install zip from sd card-> choose zip from sd card and the updation will take 5 minutes. First choose the Kitkat package and then Google App pack.
Step 5: After the updation is completed, in the recovery mode select Go Back->reboot system now to reboot the phone.
Well done, you have just learned the procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with Kitkat 4.4 Firmware. And you get stuck in the boot animation then clean the cache again and reboot.