The official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware update is now being rolled for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928F Smartphones in a number of countries that include Czech Republic (O2C), Germany (1&1), Italy (TIM), Ukraine (Kyivstar), poland, United Kingdom (Vodafone), Baltic, portugal (TPH) and a number of other countries. Because the update is official, so it’s rolled Over the Air and everyone in the said countries are getting crazy to flash this new Marshmallow firmware on their devices. The firmware is dubbed G928FXXU2BPB6 and is available for instant update.
But to start with the update, you need to know the total update procedure which is quite easy in fact. If you have received the OTA, then just download it and flash on your device. If you haven’t received or missed the OTA update, then the below given manual update procedure will be of your work. But before that make sure to take a look on the different steps of the update. Unfulfilling the given conditions and requirements might end n bricking your device for the which act BlogZamana will never stand responsible.
- One Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable.
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ drivers. Else at first download & install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device. Follow Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging.
- Backup all important data in your Android device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 70% to 80% power back up on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
- Odin flash tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then extract the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file to the desktop of your PC.
- Next switch off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and move it into download mode by long press & hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- After select the PDA/AP button on ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to begin the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS message on the ODIN screen with green backdrop, once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Smartphone from the PC when your device restarts. It will take around 5-10 minutes of time.
What to wait for now? It’s now time to enjoy. Just explore through the varied new Marshmallow goodies that your device has recently been loaded with. In case of any problems in the update procedure, feel free to use the comment section. I am always here to assist you.