Are you a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact handset user? Then you are going to have a great mobile user experience. Wonder why? ‘Coz no more you have to get burdened with your existing firmware nor you have to bear with the bugs your Smartphone is suffering from. No more to experience the outdated Android features. Yes, you guess right. Now you can enjoy the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop features on your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Smartphone. Wonder how! Very simple. The XDA Developer forum has lately introduced a new Custom ROM namely Android 5.1 Lollipop CM12.1 Nightly (ARIES) Custom ROM using which you can experience the latest Lollipop features on your handset.
Flashing the CM12.1 Nightly (ARIES) Custom ROM to your handset is not that much difficult as it seems. But you have to read and understand the tips properly to make your device flash successfully. Among the important requirements, creating a Nandroid backup for your device, rooting it, unlocking the bootloader, installing the latest Recovery image, enabling the USB and disabling the Antivirus program from both your handset and PC is a must. Excluding any of the said necessities might end with an unsuccessful attempt.
During the update your handset might face certain issues, might get hard/soft bricked or even get cluttered with bug. Remember we at Blogamana will not remain responsible for that. So self taking the responsibility for this update will be highly appreciated. Post update, you will experience a number of new features in your device. So proceed with a positive vibe in mind.
- Android 5.1 Lollipop CM12.1 Nightly (ARIES) Custom ROM
- Gapps (Search & Download from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move both the files to the SD Card of your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and detach the USB.
- Now it’s time to enable the USB Debugging option from the Developer Section of your handset. Forget not to disable the USB Debugging post update.
- Then you have to switch off your handset and move it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the Custom ROM on your Smartphone. To do that click on the option install zip from SD card, select the files one after another that you moved to your SD Card in step 1 and flash respectively.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu in Recovery mode and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will get rebooted into normal mode.
Wait still your device reboots. Once reboots, know that you are all done. Now it’s time to distinguish between the previous features and new ones in your handset, mark the bug fixes and improvements in the UI. Forget not to share the changes you mark in your handset post update. In case of face any problems, feel free to get back to us. We shall try to find out a solution for you.