Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 is ready for update and that of official update from T-Mobile and Samsung. The version is Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware and dubbed as UVMC6. Updating on custom ROM device is problematic. This is because custom ROM applied device can’t detect the official update from settings> about phone>software update>update. You have to manually update that device in order to get the update. Well, in this article you will come across the requirements, downloads and procedure to update your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 with official Jellybean 4.1.2.
Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 is also called as Samsung Hercules and it has 4.52 inches screen. It uses TouchWiz UI v4.0 and has Corning Gorilla protective Glass. This amazing phone contains 8 Mega pixels camera that takes 3264×2448 pixilated images with flash and that can be geo-tagged to show it to your friends over internet. You can shoot videos and play them in 1080p@30fps and web chat through 2 Mega pixels front camera. This camera also helps to track thief if you mobile is lost. There are certain apps that would help you that will discuss later.
This Android OS, v2.3.5 Gingerbread operated device receives official Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. And if you are interested to get your hands on the latest features and tweaks of Jellybean then do not lose the opportunity. Check out the article for more and please consult with a professional to update the device for the first if you are doing so.
This update brings lots of fixations and improvements. Along with it new stuffs have been added like lock screen customized option, widgets from Samsung Galaxy S3, notification bar with extra toggles etc. the other features include Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play and Google Now. The camera is improved and the UI is completely new.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989
- Windows PC (XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable
- Computer installed with latest Samsung KIES
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files in case of loss
- Make sure the phone has 40% battery to avoid automatic shut down during flashing of ROM
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the box. Also untick the box when all work is done because of security reasons
- Jellybean 4.1.2 for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 (http://bit.ly/Z7TJCu)
- Odin pack (http://bit.ly/ZMxi1F)
Procedure to Update T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
- First make sure the Samsung KIES is installed in the computer and then look after the data wiping. It is done by switching off the phone and then press VOL UP KEY+ MIDDLE BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON to enter into recovery mode. In this mode select wipe cache partition and wipe data/factory reset. go back and select reboot system now.
- Download the two packages from above in your computer and do the unzipping and place them in the desktop to find them easily.
- After that launch the Odin by clicking the exe file and then switch off the phone and press VOL DOWN KEY+ MIDDLE BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON. Now connect the device to computer. The ID:COM box turns yellow in Odin panel. If not then you might not have upgraded the software.
- Now click on PDA and select the tar file and come back and hit the Start button in Odin. Wait for few minutes and then system will reboot automatically. Unplug the cable and enjoy the official update on your device, Samsung Galaxy S2 GT T989 with official Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.
If you have any doubts then do comment us to solve it. Stay tuned to get more android updates.