We have pretty good news for T-Mobile LG G3 D851 users. Users of this device can now experience the full Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow features on their device as a new ROM called Resurrection Remix v5.6.0 has been made available for them. The ROM has been introduced by the Sr. XDA Dev aclegg2011 and the ROM is a combination of customization, power and performance as its based on AOKP, CM, PA, Omni and Original Remix ROM builds and once the ROM is flashed on your device, it will enrich your handset with a number of brand new features.\
The new features are Navigation Bar, Navbar Button Customization, Statusbar, Brightness Slider, Enable/Disable Show Notification Count, SuperUser Indicator Switch, App Circle Bar, Recents Panel, LockScreen, Quick Settings Draggable Tiles, Advanced Reboot Menu, SystemUI Tuner, LCD Density, Expanded Desktop Mode,Audio FX, Configurable 0,90,180,270 Degree Rotation, Lock Screen Autorotate Switch, Native Tap to Wake From Marshmallow and many more that you can experience post update.
But for updating your Smartphone with this new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix v5.6.0 ROM, you must be an advanced Android user. If you are a newbie, then you need to understand the below given step-by-step method and then only proceed for the update.
NB: Before starting the update, you need to root your T-Mobile LG G3 and install the latest CWM Recovery in it. This is a must, else the update will be unsuccessful. Your handset must run the Stock Android OS to carry out this update.
- One T-Mobile LG G3 Smartphone.
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- Resurrection Remix v5.6.0 ROM
- Gapps (Search from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB. Then move both the files to the SD card of your device.
- Then you have to move your Smartphone into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Now you need to flash the Custom ROM file on your T-Mobile LG G3. To do that click on Install zip from SD card and then select the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD Card in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the ROM on your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps next.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode once the update is finished.
That’s it. Now you have learnt the update process. Following the steps, you will easily wrap up the update. In case of any issues ping me back. Also inform me what are the added features you see in your device post update.