Hello proud Verizon LG Spectrum VS920 owners! Great going for you guys. Know what? Now you no more have to get burdened with your existing firmware neither you have to tolerate the loofalls your Smartphone is suffering from. No more to experience the outdated Android 4.2 Jelly Bean features. Yes, you guess right. Now you can enjoy the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean features on your Verizon LG Spectrum Smartphone. Wonder how? Very simple. The Senior XDA Developer member bippi79 has just of late introduced a new Custom ROM namely Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Avatar Nightly using which you can experience the 4.3 Jelly Bean features on your handset.
Flashing the Nightly Avatar Custom ROM to your handset is not that much difficult as it seems. But you have to read and understand the tips properly to make your device successfully flash. Among the important requirements, creating a Nandroid backup for your device, rooting it, installing a Recovery file, enabling the USB and disabling the Antivirus program from both your handset and PC is a must. Excluding any of the said necessities might end with an unsuccessful tutorial.
During the update your handset might face certain issues, might get hard/soft bricked or even get filled with bug. Remember we at Blogamana will not remain responsible for that. So self taking the responsibility of this update will be highly appreciated. Post update, you will experience a number of new features in your device. So proceed with a positive vibe in mind.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Avatar Nightly ROM
- Gapps (Search & Download from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move both the files to the SD Card of your Verizon LG Spectrum VS920 and detach the USB.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the Custom ROM in your Smartphone. To do that click on the option install zip from SD card, select the files one after another that you moved to your SD Card in step 1 and flash respectively.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu in Recovery mode and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode.
Wait still your device reboot. Once reboots, know that you are all done. Now it’s time to compare between the previous features and new ones, mark the bug fixes and see the improvements in the UI. Forget not to share with us the changes you mark in your handset post update. In case of face any problems, feel free to get back to us. We shall try to find out a solution for you.