Superb news for all Sprint HTC One Max Smartphone users. Being HTC One Max one of the superior Smartphones in the market, it’s users must be eagerly waiting for the Android 5.0 Lollipop to reach their handset. Finally the time has come. Though not via OTA, but now you can flash the new Android Lollipop firmware to your Sprint HTC One Max via the Cyanogenmod 12 Nightly (t6spr) Custom ROM. This Custom ROM has many advanced usability which your Smartphone will get after update. Now let’s take a look on the below given guide to flash this Custom ROM to your Sprint HTC One Max device.
Remember, this tutorial is specially for the advanced Android users. So if you are a newbie and follow this procedure, then make yourself well prepared before. Never blame us later for any sort of issues that might occur to your device due to the Custom ROM update, because we don’t take that responsibility. So first understand things well and then only proceed for the update. Don’t mess up things.
NB: Before initiating the update, you need to root your device and install CWM Recovery in it. This is a must, else the update will be unsuccessful.
- One Sprint HTC One Max Smartphone
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- Android 5.0.2 Nightly (t6spr) Custom ROM
- Gapps (Search from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move the files to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the update files on your Sprint HTC One Max. To do that click on the option Install zip from SD card and then select the zip file that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the firmware in your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps next.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode once the update is finished.
That’s all. You are finished with the update of Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 Nightly (t6spr) Custom ROM on Sprint HTC One Max Smartphone. The process is quite easy and shouldn’t create any hindrance. Still find any issues, inform me in the comment section.