Do you have a Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I826o handset? Do you wanna further upgrade it to the next version of firmware? Then you have the opportunity now in hands. Recently, Samsung has officially launched a new firmware called the Android 4.1.2 XXANF3 for the Samsung Galaxy Core Smartphone in Slovenia with the code-name I8260XXANF3. So the users in Solvenia (Mobitel) will get the update via OTA. As you know updating your device via OTA firmware is so simple. You have to just search for the update by following the steps Settings->about phone->software update in your Smartphone and then click on the notification to download the latest firmware. Once downloaded, tap on it to run and the update process will start instantly. Follow the instructions on the screen of you Smartphone and you are done in a few minutes. But if you don’t get an OTA update and can’t wait further for it or living outside the said region, then you can update your device by following the manual update method.You might wonder how to! Don’t worry. I am there. Just follow the steps given in this article of mine properly and within a few minutes you can easily update your Galaxy Core Duos Smartphone to the Android 4.1.2 XXANF3 firmware.
But before that you need to take a keen look on some of the pre-requirements considered essential for the update process. Meeting these needs assists you to update your handset easily and without any concern.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your device before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8260 handset. Using the process with other devices might hard brick your device or even create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8260 Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8260 drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Core GT-I8260 handset to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 4.1.2 XXANF3 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the 4.1.2 XXANF3.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Power button again to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the bottom left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension from the extracted folder in step 1. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take around 4-5 minutes and your device will reboot automatically. So wait still your device gets rebooted. Your device got rebooted? Congrats!! Now your Galaxy Core GT-I8260 Smartphone has been successfully updated with the Android 4.1.2 XXANF3 firmware. The procedure is easy and finishes within a few minutes. You shouldn’t face any issues for the same. In case you face any issues in the update process, don’t forget to massage me in the comment section. I shall definitely find out a solution for you at hand.