Are you a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G9006V or S6 SM-G9006W User? Do you live in China? Are you a China Unicom user? Then I have a classy update for you. You will be happy to know that Samsung is right now rolling the latest Android 5.0 ZNU1BOA4 firmware for both the Samsung Galaxy S5 & S6 Smartphones. The firmwares are official updates and hence is being rolled via OTA. But that doesn’t means, that it’s the only way for flashing the new firmware to your device. You can also use the Kies and manual update method to flash this firmware to your handset.
The OTA update can be checked at Settings =>About device => Software Update. Also you can check availability of the firmware via kies. But if none of these, then the manual update method will be of great use to you. But for initiating the update, you need to read and understand the below given update process properly. Else it might create bugs in your device and we shan’t take any responsibility if your Smartphone suffers from any such issues.
Caution: Though it’s an official update, the silly mistake done by you can affect your device. It’s great to take the responsibility of any damage by yourself. There is no such guarantee that the information will work 100 percent. In case of any problem, we will definitely help you to overcome. But remember, the flashing is your own responsibility. BlogZamana will not remain responsible at any way for any concerns caused due to the update.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 or S6 Smartphone
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Install Samsung drivers in your PC or update through internet from official site. This is very important that upgraded version of drivers must be used to officially make the device updated.
- Disable the antivirus program and uninstall the same in Smartphone to avoid interruption during the update.
- Make the device data backup in case of loss or corruption, backup all the SMS, Contacts, call logs, MMS, videos, songs, apps, APN passwords and other files present in direct phone
- Make sure that the Smartphone has 70% battery charge or more to avoid automatic shut down during the update.
Steps to Update
- First make sure you followed the entire above requirements, battery charged, installed both the software (WinRar+ Samsung kies) in computer and installed the zip file.
- Then download the Odin file and the firmware to your PC and extract both the files. Place the files on the desktop to find those easily.
- Turn off the Smartphone device and land it into download mode by press-holding the VOL DOWN KEY+ HOME+POWER Button. Then again press the volume up key to continue when a warning massage appears.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then connect the device via USB. When the device gets detected by Odin the pass message will appear. If this doesn’t happen then enable the kies option. You must not have upgraded the Samsung KIES from the official Samsung site. If properly connected, then Odin ID:COM box turns yellow and now you can move to the next step.
- Click on PDA option in Odin and then select the tar.md5 file that was extracted by you earlier in the second step. Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Then click on start to flash the firmware. Wait for few minutes and a PASS message will appear confirming the flashed update.
Congratulations! You have now successfully flashed the new Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware to your Galaxy S5 or S6 device. This update can help users to many extent to enrich the know-how of their Samsung Galaxy device. In case you want to get more updates on custom ROMs or firmware updates then don’t forget to visit our site BlogZmana. Leave a comment if you have any doubt. We at BlogZamana will try to find out a solution for you.