The T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T in the United States of America is right now receiving the Android 5.0 Lollipop UVU1DOB1 firmware. The firmware is being rolled Over the Air and hence users of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone have already started receiving the firmware. But if anyone of you have not received OTA till now, then the manual update will help you flash this official firmware to your device.
Flashing the firmware via Manual update is quite easy, but takes little more time than OTA. But by following the below mentioned update process, you can easily flash this firmware. Now let’s have a look on the below given essential requirements for the update.
Caution: Note that this UVU1DOB1 update is straight offered by Samsung for us. Do not confuse it with beta custom ROMs rather get confirmed by yourself that its official update in manual way. We will pay no attention to damaged device owners because the entire process is their responsibility. We are only here to help them recover from damages if there becomes any due to the update. The far most important thing is that the device must not be rooted.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings>application>development and tick the USB Debugging box and do not forget to untick the box when the update is finished.
- Backup all personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages, apps etc. present in phone using backup app to avoid data loss.
- Power up your device if the battery is low and hence it must be 70% or more to avoid automatic shut down during update.
- UVU1DOB1 firmware
Procedure to Update Galaxy S5 with latest KitKat 5.0
- First make sure the device is not rooted then make the backup. If it is rooted then your Smartphone will be revoked to stock firmware.
- Then download the UVU1DOB1 Lollipop 5.0 firmware for S5 in computer and also download Odin. Do not rename it.
- After that extract both the downloaded files on your computer and place them in desktop for easy finding while updating.
- Switch off the device and press the VOL DOWN KEY+ HOME BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON to land the device into download mode. When a warning message appears press the VOL UP KEY to move further to next step. If you return back into normal mode then again try it.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then with the help of USB cable connect the device to your computer. As soon as the ID:COM box in Odin turns yellow indicating that the device is connected. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have enabled the USB Debugging (Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging) and KIES.
- Now select PDA and choose the .tar file that was downloaded and extracted by you in beginning. Go ahead and click on Start. The update procedure will start and will take few minutes. The phone will be switched off and reboot automatically. Then unplug the cable and easy go with the officially updated phone.
Check the firmware from About Phone in Settings. Well done, you have learnt the procedure and now try updating your Samsung Galaxy S5 with official KitKat 5.0 Lollipop.