You will be quite happy to know that the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F Smartphone can now be updated to the newest Android 6.0 Marshmallow features. You must be wondering how, because no official update for the Smartphone has been released yet! But there is some other reason. Actually, the Senior XDA Developer asc1977 has brought you this opportunity. He has recently added a new Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM on the developer forum i.e. the Marshmallow CRISSCROSS v1.5 ROM. The ROM is about to bring a number of changes in your device and is about to add a number of new features.
But before starting the update, you need to know that it is an unofficial ROM update. Though this ROM will allow you to enjoy Marshmallow features on your handset directly, but your Samsung Galaxy handset will lose warranty of post update. Hence all the future expenses related to the repairing of your device will cost you from your pocket. Besides, your handset might experience certain unexpected issues, might get bugged or bricked because of the update, for which we at BlogZamana will not remain responsible. So you will remain responsible for all risk and tensions of the update yourself.
NB: Before starting the update, you need to root your device and install the latest Custom Recovery Image (CWM or TWRP) in it. This is a must, else the update will be unsuccessful. Apart, you must meet the below given requirements before starting the update.
- One Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Smartphone
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC before update since that might create issues in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device has at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB. Then move the files to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the update files on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F. To do that click on the option Install zip from SD card and then select the .zip file that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the firmware in your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps next.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode automatically once the update is finished.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CRISSCROSS ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F Smartphone. The process is quite easy and shouldn’t create any difficulties in the update process. Still you find any issues, inform me in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.