The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Model No SM-G9287C is now receiving the official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update. The firmware is dubbed as G9287CDXU3CQC6 and is being rolled in Philippines for Open Line, Smart and Globe carriers. So if you are user of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and reside in any of the said countries, then this firmware build is specially for you.
Because the update is rolled Over the Air, so it might reach your Android device at any point of time. If you have already received the firmware, then you need to download and install it on your Galaxy handset right away. But if not received the OTA build, then the manual update process will work for instant update. Wanna know how? Then have a look on the below given steps.
Caution: Double check the name and model of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ before starting the update process. Being the update your own decision, at no means Blogzamana will be blamed for any damage if happens to your device during the process. We’ll only help you to solve issues with suitable response.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ with Model No. SM-G9287C
- One Windows PC
- One Original USB cable
- Backup all your personal data using a backup app
- Minimum battery should be above 60%
- Enable the USB Debugging option to get your handset connected to your PC. Forget not to disable USB post update.
- Disable all antivirus programs.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to Android 7.0 Nougat OS.
- First of all check all the above requirements and then proceed to download the files. Download the Kies and install it on your PC.
- Then Download the firmware package and odin on your your PC. Extract both the files and place on your desktop.
- Double click on Odin to launch it in your PC.
- Then switch off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to enter it into download mode. Do that press holding the VOL DOWN KEY+HOME+POWER buttons. Press the VOL UP button next to continue when you see a warning triangle on your device screen.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to PC via USB. The ID: COM box turns yellow after connecting to the device. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have selected the Kies option.
- Then select “AP/PDA” on the Odin screen and choose the tar.md5 file from the extracted firmware folder on desktop. Make sure that the “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset”Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- After choosing the right options, click on Start in the Odin box to start the firmware update. The entire process will take around 4-5 minutes and the phone will reboot automatically now.
- After the pass message appears, detach the USB cable and know you are all done now.
That’s all! Now you have updated the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ via Odin method. The firmware is the latest official update available, so don’t miss the opportunity. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section and I shall try to find out some solution for you.