The Samsung Galaxy A5 Smartphone with model number SM-A520F is now getting upgraded to the brand new 8.0.0 Oreo OS with some security fixes and add on Oreo goodies. So if you want to taste these new features and security fixes on your Smartphone, then this article is specially for you.
So what you have to do is to check the notification panel of your Samsung Galaxy A5 to get the update notification. If not hit yet, then you must not worry as you can follow the below given manual update method to start with the update right away. But here I must tell you that the download links given in this article is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy A5 users residing in Poland and Germany. The firmware carries the build name A520FXXU8CSB5.
Caution: Note that this Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware is only meant for the same device. So don’t use it on any other devices. We will pay no attention to your damaged Smartphones if any found during the update, so the entire process is your headache. We can only help you to recover from any damage if you face during the update.
- One Samsung Galaxy A5
- One Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Enable USB Debugging by going to settings>application>development. Do not forget to untick the box when the update is finished.
- Backup all personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages, apps etc present in phone using a backup app to avoid data loss.
- Power up the Smartphone if your battery is low and it must be 50% or more to avoid automatic shutdown.
Update Samsung Galaxy A5 to Android 8.0.0 Oreo
- First make sure the Samsung Galaxy A5 is not rooted and then create the backup.
- Next download the Android Oreo A520FXXU8CSB5.zip Firmware for your Smartphone and then download Odin. Do not rename it.
- After extract both the downloaded files to your PC and place them on the desktop for easy finding during update.
- Switch off the Samsung Galaxy A5 and put it into download mode.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then with the help of USB, connect the Smartphone to your PC. Soon the ID:COM box in Odin turns yellow indicating that the device is connected. If this doesn’t happen then you must not have enabled the USB Debugging option. Do it at first.
- Next select “PDA” and choose the .tar file from the extracted folder. Go ahead and click on the Start button.
- The update procedure will start now and will take only few minutes to complete. The phone will be off and will reboot automatically. Then unplug the cable and go easy with the official updated process.
Check the new firmware from the About Device section in Settings. Well done. Now you have learnt the procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy A5 to the newest official Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware. In case you face any issues in the update process, feel free to let us know in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.