The Samsung Galaxy A9 SM-A920F Smartphone, one of the most popular handsets from Samsung has lately started receiving the Android 8.0.0 Oreo Firmware OS. The update build is dubbed as Oreo A920FXXU1ARKG and is available for update in Paraguay (Tigo) (TGP) and Agrentina. The update is also on a process of getting pushed to the other corners of the globe soon. So keep checking the Notification Panel of your Smartphone to get the OTA.
Before starting the update, you need to know that the above mentioned firmware will bring en number of improvements in your Samsung Galaxy A9 SM-A920F that includes a new UI, brand new Oreo goodies, stable performance and many more. Now let’s take a look at the pre-requirements of the update. Also you must remember that the update is only meant for the said smartphone users and hence must not be used in any other devices.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update since it’s only for the said device. Using the firmware on other handsets might brick your Smartphone or even create bugs in it. Be known that BlogZamana will never be blamed for any sort of issues or bugs if created in your device due to the update.
- One Samsung Galaxy A9 SM-A920F Smartphone
- Original USB Cable
- One PC pre-loaded with Samsung A9 drivers.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your Android your device since the update will erase all your data.
- Keep at least 50% battery back up on your Samsung Galaxy A9 SM-A920F to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 8.0.0 Oreo A920FXXU1ARKG.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy A9 SM-A920F and boot it into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect your Smartphone to it via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number & an Added Massage in the below left corner of the Smartphone, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select “PDA” from ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset” Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check Settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see a PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop ensuring that the flashing procedure is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take almost 4-5 minutes and your Samsung Galaxy A9 SM-A920F will reboot automatically after the update. Wait still the update finishes.
That’s it!! You have successfully flashed the new firmware on your Samsung Galaxy A9 SM-A920F. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, ping me in the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.