The Samsung Galaxy S9+ SM-G965W at this moment is being upgraded to the official Android 9 Pie Android OS in Canada for different carriers i.e. Fido Mobile, Koodo Mobile, EastLink, Bell-Internet, Rogers, MTB, Telus, Videotron, SaskTel, Virgin Mobile, Globalive Wind Mobile, and Bell Mobile etc. The firmware is dubbed as Android Pie G965WVLU3CSAA and is rolled Over The Air. To flash this firmware manually, follow the steps here in BlogZamana.
Before starting the manual update, everyone is recommended to double check the Name and model of their Smartphone since the firmware is only meant for the said device. Using the firmware on other handsets might brick your Smartphone or even create bugs in it. Be known that BlogZamana will never be blamed for any sort of issues or bugs if found in your device due to the update. So what you do is at your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S9+ Smartphone
- Original USB Cable
- One PC pre-loaded with Samsung Galaxy S9+ drivers.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your Android your device since the update will erase all your data.
- Keep at least 50% battery back up on your Samsung Galaxy S9+ to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 9 G965WVLU3CSAA.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy S9+ and boot it into download mode. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon you see a warning triangle on your device display.
- Now launch Odin on your PC and connect your Smartphone to it via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number & an Added Massage in the below left corner of the handset, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select “PDA” from ODIN and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset” Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check Settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see a PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop ensuring that the flashing procedure is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take almost 4-5 minutes and your Samsung Galaxy S9+ will reboot automatically after the update. Wait still the update finishes.
That’s it!! You have successfully flashed the new firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S9+. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, ping me in the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.