The Samsung Galaxy S7 edge SM-G935F can now be upgraded to the Android 8.0.0 Oreo OS. Wanna know how? The Android 8.0.0 G935FXXU3ESA3 Firmware is now rolled for the said handset in Crotia (VIPNET), Marcedonia (T-Mobile), Poland (Heyah and T-Mobile), and Netherlands (Ben NL). Once flashed to the new firmware, the Smartphone users can enjoy the superior Android Oreo features on their device.
Primarily, everyone is recommended to follow the official OTA update procedure. But if you are an Android Savy and love to play with your device, then you can also opt for the manual update procedure as mentioned below. However, this is also an official procedure performed through Odin, but still need some advance knowledge for completing the process. So let’s take a look at the procedure. But at the same time you must be ready to take responsibility of the update yourself as BlogZamana will never stand responsible for anything wrong if happens to yoru handset due to the update.
Primarily you are suggested to create a complete backup of the videos, movies, contacts, songs and all other data in your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge SM-G935F before starting the update. You need to install the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge drivers on your PC to connect it to your Handset. Ensure to shut down any antivirus program if you run on both your Smartphone & PC and keep at least 50% power back up on your Smartphone to avoid any unpleasant situation during the update. This Android firmware is only meant for the said Smartphone and hence don’t use it in any other device. Else it might get bugged or bricked.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S7 edge SM-G935F
- First of all check all the above requirements are met and then proceed to download the files.
- Download the firmware package and odin on your your PC. Extract both the files to your desktop.
- Double click on Odin to launch it in your PC.
- Then switch off your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge to enter it into download mode. Do that press holding the VOL DOWN KEY+HOME+POWER buttons.
- Press the VOL UP button next to continue when you see a warning triangle on your device screen.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge SM-G935F to PC via USB. The ID: COM box turns yellow after connecting to the device. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have selected the Kies option.
- Now select “AP/PDA” on the Odin screen and choose the tar.md5 file from the extracted firmware folder on desktop. Make sure that the “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset”Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- After choosing the right options, click on Start in the Odin box to start the firmware update. The entire process will take around 4-5 minutes and the phone will reboot automatically soon.
- After the pass message appears, detach the USB cable and know you are all done now.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge SM-G935F Smartphone now must be running on the Android 8.0.0 Oreo OS. Wanna check? Then go to the About Device section in your Smartphone. In case of any issues ping us back in the comment section.