Hello all Xiaomi Mi3 users! In one of my previous articles, I had guided you through the steps to update your Xiaomi Mi 3 Smartphone to the latest MIUI 6 Beta Version. Do you remember? I did have also some good responses from some of the users who did follow the guide to upgrade their Xiaomi Mi 3 Smartphones to the MIUI 6 developer ROM. But later I got queries from few asking for the steps to downgrade their Xiaomi Mi 3 devices from MIUI 6 developer ROM to the default MIUI 5, which was their liking area. So in this article today I shall guide you through the steps to downgrade the MIUI 6 developer ROM to MIUI 5 in Xiaomi Mi 3 Smartphone. Just follow the guide and take care of the pre-requirements properly.
- Create a full back up for your Xiaomi device before initiating the downgrading process since this might erase all data from your Smartphone.
- Keep at least 70% power back up in your Smartphone so that it mustn’t shut down during the process. Else you will never be able to reboot your device.
Remember, the guide is exclusively meant for those users who have recently upgraded their Xiaomi Mi 3 Smartphones to the latest MIUI developer ROM. So don’t use this guide for any other devices. Make sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues, bugs or bricks that your device might experience during the process. So do all at your own risk.
Steps to Downgrade MIUI 6 to MIUI 5
- At first select the phone model and download the stable full ROM pack for Xiomi Mi 3 Smartphone from here to the desktop of your PC.
- Next rename the file to Update.zip, connect your device to your PC via USB & move the .zip file to the internal SDcard of your Smartphone. Now unplug your Smartphone.
- You have to move your Smartphone into recovery mode now. you can do so in two ways. Either go to tools=>updater=>menu key and click on Reboot to Recovery mode in your Smartphone or first switch off your Xiaomi Mi 3 Smartphone and switch it on again by press and hold of the Volume Up+Power Button at a time still the Mi-Recovery mode appears on your display.
- You should use the Volume Key to navigate and power key to confirm things in recovery mode. Choose English as your preferred language in the beginning screen.
- Next click on Wipe & Reset from Main menu in recovery mode. From there click on Wipe User data and Wipe Cache respectively and click yes to confirm. Now the data will be wiped. Have patience still the wiping is complete. It might take considerably a few minutes. So be patient.
- Post completion, return to the main menu and select Install update.zip to System One. Click on yes to confirm and now the installation will begin. Wait still the installation finishes.
- Post installation, return to the main menu again and click on Reboot to System One (latest). Wait still your device reboots.
Congrats!! Now you have fruitfully downgraded the MIUI 6 developer ROM to MIUI 5 in your Xiaomi Mi 3 Smartphone. In case of any issues, feel free to get back to me via the comment section. If no issues, then enjoy!!