Samsung just of late rolled a new official update i.e. the Android KitKat 4.4.2 UBU1ANH1 for its Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE SM-T705M. The update is rolled out in Chile and is an OTA update. Being an OTA update, it will hit the notification panel of the Tab S 8.4 LTE of all those users living in Chile, but will take some time since it’s rolled out in phases. But if you are a user out of the said country or even an user living in the same country, yet can’t wait for the update to hit the notification panel of your tablet, then we have a secondary update method for you which is called the manual update. But the firmware differs from country to country. Hence you must let me know your country in the comment section to get the exact firmware link of your horizon. To manually update your Smartphone device, you need to fulfill certain conditions, those are otherwise called the Pre-requisitions. . Just take a look below.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your Galaxy tablet before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE SM-T705M. Using the process with other devices might soft/hard brick your device or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE SM-T705M
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 4.4.2 UBU1ANH1.zip
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 4.4.2 UBU1ANH1.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Tablet and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Button. Holding these two buttons, switch on your device. If your device starts with normal mode then repeat the steps again to put it into download mode.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension from the extracted folder. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take around 4-5 minutes and your device will reboot automatically. So wait still the update finishes. Congrats!! Now your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE SM-T705M device has been successfully updated with the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat UBU1ANH1 firmware. The procedure is easy and completes within a few minutes. You shouldn’t face any issues for the same. In case you find any issues in the update process, don’t forget to massage me in the comment section and I shall find out a solution for you instantly.